Monday, August 29, 2011

I am now 31 weeks pregnant. Steve and I can't wait to meet our baby.

In the meantime - I cannot believe the wildabeast-like creature I now am. I am so emotional it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. I am a pretty empathetic person to begin with, but now I find myself empathizing with inanimate objects. I cry when the cereal is gone. I love cereal more than words can say. I am humungous. I make the state puff marshmallow man from Ghostbusters look like a little tiny baby. This is going to be an interesting two months!

We went to a birthing class Saturday. It was at the hospital, and it was all day long. We saw videos that were eye-opening, and videos that were eye-shutting.

We had to sit a very long time, and normally I am great with that - except that when I'm the size of an orangutang I prefer to do as they do - walk around a little, lay down, and maybe eat a banana ( or put a banana on top of my cereal ). So--sitting and watching the miracle of birth in various different manners - it just made me feel achy and wanting to get up and move around and just be like an orangutang for a while and live in denial that I will ever have to encounter whatever those ladies in those videos were encountering.

We did get to walk around for a little bit - during the hospital tour. It was a very nice tour, but I'm glad it was at the end of the class, because the way some people asked questions, it was beginning to feel like we were in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and all the crazies were showing their faces. One couple only asked about how much the t.v. would cost and if it was possible to have a fridge in the room. Seriously? You're going to have a baby and all you care about is t.v. and food? Now - I do admit I love food, but when we are talking about the day you give birth and the only thing you care about is what's on cable and whether or not you can eat your sixteen bagel bites while you watch - that just makes me mad. Anyway - they eventually were quiet with no more questions, and it was time to leave. This also reminded me of Willy Wonka, because of that crazy elevator scene at the end. 12 women who are 7, 8 and 9 months pregnant along with their husbands/significant others fitting into an elevator really made me wonder about the cable buckling under that kind of pressure and it made me hope that this elevator was the kind of super elevator that Willy Wonka had.

Luckily we made it out alive. All in all it was an informative day, but I was exhausted afterward and slept pretty much the rest of the weekend, and ate bananas, and walked around a little bit. It's not so bad being an orangutan sometimes.


Even though I haven't posted in about a week, I have been busy, and there are some fun events coming up:

--The goal date of the baby room being ready is September 18.

--The baby showers are September 10 and 15

--The baby is due October 28

:)

Despite being an emotional hugeasaurus, I still like being pregnant - but only because of babe. I love babe and can't wait for the day we get to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment