Saturday, July 23, 2011




There is a hosta growing through a crack in our driveway, on the edge, right next to the house, and it is blooming a very vibrant purple flower.

Every time we take a walk with the dog and the cat is outside he follows us the whole way.

Although the heat is very heavy, when it breaks a little bit and you feel a breeze and the sun is going down behind the clouds, or trees, or orange-red sky, it just feels good.

I love catching little pieces of something unexpected or happy or good.

I like how peaceful our neighborhood is, and I like the things I get to see every day, and I think it will be good for our baby to see all of these things, too.

Speaking of babe, there are lots of kicks lately. Only about three months left! I can't believe it.

I've been reading "What to Expect While You're Expecting"...and other books too. It's kind of interesting to be reading "What to Expect" at the same time you're reading "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"....but I guess in the end, either way, there's going to be a life-altering experience filled with drugs and a story to tell when it's all over.

Anyway - going back to love and miracles and happiness - I love how there are so many people getting married. We are going to a wedding today in Niagara Falls, and are so happy for them. I think it's a really great thing to just celebrate love like that and just to dance and wear beautiful clothes and be surrounded by all kinds of people that you have met or have been connected to somehow in your life. I just think it's a really special and great thing. I am so happy to be with Steve. I can't believe it's almost two years since we got married.

I guess that's all for today. Miracles and happiness and love and drugs. And how the simple and miraculous event of a purple flower growing through pavement can really get you thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment