Sunday, July 31, 2011


There are less than 3 months left until baby G's due date!!!

There are still many things Steve and I must do to prepare.

We've been held back by a few minor challenges, like a leaky roof and water damage and such, but we are (hopefully) ready to plow through to get important preparations done and ready.

On our "To-Do" list, we have:

Finish the dry wall of the baby's room
Paint the baby's room
Install laminate in the baby's room
Bring baby furniture into the baby's room
Take Childbirth Classes
Sign up for a Pediatrician
Add two or three things to the baby's Registry
And one or two other things...

I am feeling a little overwhelmed but focused. I have been wanting to get these things done for a while, but hopefully now we'll be able to get them done, and soon.

I just want everything ready. If I were Samantha from Bewitched, it would be ready so fast, all I would do would be wiggle my nose or touch my ear or whatever it is she does to make things happen.

I had my blood test for gestational diabetes done on Friday. I almost fainted, I saw black dots and they were populating my eyesight so fast I thought the world would go totally black for a few minutes, but after I took a little mid-day nap in the Doctor's office, I was all set to go.

I just don't like the idea of anything sucking blood out of my veins. That's why I think I'm the only girl on the planet who hasn't read Twilight. I've said it. I haven't read it. And it's because I don't like anything sucking anything out of a person's veins. It just makes my stomach turn upside down...even if they throw in men with no shirts on and tosseled hair. No difference. I would not date a vampire. There is just no way. If I had the choice to either date a hot vampire or live in my living room with three cats and a dog and eat ice cream and slowly grow a rather large butt, I would just choose that one. I would be safe from any blood sucking moments, and I could really do a lot on my couch with the internet around and these pets. I would probably train them to do a little circus act or something, I'd have plenty of time to train them to do something like that in that case.

Anyway I'm glad I don't have to make that choice, because I'm with Steve, and he is not a vampire, and that is a very, very good characteristic that he has that I rather enjoy.

So...back to my point...I think this week is "The Week" to make more progress in baby preparations. I'm in Rochester with my side of the family for the rest of the day, but as soon as Monday rolls around it's time to crack open that list and make some checkmarks appear, with a little flick of my hand. Maybe I am more like Samantha from Bewitched than I thought. I am determined, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment