Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our daughter Corinne was born on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 4:28 a.m.

She weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and she is 21 inches long.

She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Steve and I both cried for 45 minutes after she was born because we were so overwhelmed with love for her.

I won't go into any gory details of the labor, but I will say a few things:

-It was the longest 16 hours of my life, but it was so so worth it and I would do it again in less than a heartbeat. I would do anything for her.

-The whole memory of those 16 hours are pretty blurry, but there are some interesting events that occured during our hospital stay, that I will say!

For example. May I introduce you to: the anesthesiologist.

I have no idea what that guy's name was, but he popped in the room after I was in labor for about an hour. At that point, I had no plans on using his services, and he looked like he had just put on his scrubs and hopped off a bike or something...if that makes any sense. But Steve agrees- that is exactly how he seemed.

He had a very thick Asian accent. This was his greeting to us:

Doctor/Anesthesiologist: "Hello. Why are you here?"

Me/Steve (Both looking at each other reading each other's minds thinking - we're in the labor ward, in what is actually called a "Birth Room", in a hospital, I am obviously 9 months pregnant, am laying down with an IV in me....ok...we look back at him).

Steve or I (Someone said it. I don't know who.): We are going to have a baby. We're...in labor.

Anesthesiologist: "No. Why are you here?"

I had no drugs yet. Steve definitely had no drugs. I had nothing else to say. "My water broke?"

Anesthesiologist: "OK, bye."

I turned to Steve and stated I did not think I would be having an epidural today.

That changed, of course....but it was interesting when he came back!

TO be continued...I've got things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment