Saturday, December 10, 2011

Today we have plans to bake some cookies over at Kathy's house (my Mom in Law). 

Baking cookies is one of my favorite activities of all time, so I'm pretty excited. 

This morning I was able to go to the gym, so I have no guilty conscience about eating a little bit of dough. My God I love cookie dough. I am so glad it exists.

Speaking of the gym - that was my third time this week going! I am so so happy about that. Thursday and Friday I was able to go before work - I was on the elliptical by 5:55 a.m. If I were another person talking to me and I found out that I had done such a thing, I'd say, "Damn, girl." 

I want to make a habit out of this. I like going in the morning because it gives me a boost of energy for the day and actually makes me really look forward to the day, too. It makes me feel well-rounded, and...happy. It makes me feel strong and healthy and alive and I just really recommend it. I actually sat in my car waiting for the gym to open twice this week. It was like those people who camp out for I-pads, only it was me waiting to work out, and I was able to sit in a nice warm car.

I was up at 5 feeding Corinne and thought, "Why not? I should just do this." So I got ready and I left-two days in a row. Now I've been at the gym 3 days in a row. I'm trying to think of it as mandatory, like I think of going to work. I am trying to think of it as a meeting for work, so that I'll keep doing it. I wouldn't want to miss a meeting at work and it helps me to get paid...so I wouldn't want to miss working out because it helps me not to get the Diabetes and lose a foot. SO I think of it as part of my work day and it has really been helping.

I also have been drinking coffee more (because I now can without being worried about anything - at least I can have two to three cups a day which is more than enough!) So between working out and coffee and my naturally roundabout personality, I become a pretty bouncy person. 

I heard that you're supposed to walk 10,000 steps a day to be very healthy. That's five miles a day. I get to about 2 and a half on the elliptical before I have to go and get ready for the day....and then I guess in my day I probably walk about two miles...so I feel like it's close enough. 

I've been realizing so much recently. I am very much a "big picture" sort of person.  A person who gets ideas, and likes to make plans. I am learning, though, how beautiful it is to focus on details as well. My work life really has helped me to do this more and more, and I love it- it is actually helping me in my personal life to focus on details more, which is extremely important for raising a baby (at least that is how I feel). I have been noticing so many little details about Corinne (how when she's satisfied after she eats she gets this beautiful look on her face and she stretches her arms out as far as they will go)...and I have been remembering more and more details all the time just to function on a daily basis (like 'did I remember the diaper bag? are there diapers in the bag? onesies? extra clothes? burp cloths? do I have socks on?')  for example. 


Anyway - at this rate I'm hoping I'm combatting alzheimers in my own small way! I heard puzzles help with that anyway- exercising your mind. My whole life has become a puzzle, so I think I'm covered with that whole thing. Hopefully.

Anyway I've also been more deliberate about absolutely everything I do. And it has helped me to live in the moment. Every minute of my waking hours, I am thinking about how my actions not only affect myself, but my husband, of course my baby, and also my pets - and then I go on and think about work, family, friends. I don't obsess about it though -like for example, when I go to eat something, I think about it first now. "What's in it? Do I really want this? Will it help me to be healthy?" And I still eat candy bars or cookies, but I even do that deliberately - so I can still taste delicious things because that is a part of living life the best I can. I just don't go overboard with that. 

I don't know. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've been trying to think a lot more about everything I do - and I like how it is making me feel, so I will keep doing it. 


Also, I just wanted to say, I came up with a really fun playlist for anything from working out to doing the dishes (I tried it on both and it was so fun if I do say so myself.) 


So, below, I am going to show you a "how-to". 


"How to go to the gym or wash dishes and want to shake your booty even if your booty is the size of Massachusetts or a glacier underneath the water."








Now, due to a time crunch, I usually am off the elliptical by the time the rapping starts in "Black or White" and I'm in my car during "Under Pressure" by Queen but doing the dishes can easily get me through the whole playlist (Especially if my booty starts dancing around - I just can't stop that crazy train once it starts)....but I really do recommend this playlist. I hope you listen to it, too sometime!


OK I think that's all for today. Have a good weekend, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment