Monday, December 19, 2011

Tonight I took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood. It was a nice night. I realized 3 things:

1. The neighbors probably think we are Jehovah's witness because we are pretty much the only house without Christmas lights out. I still think it will happen...not becoming Jehovah's witness, but lights going on the house. I think it is just a matter of time. Can't rush these things.

2. At some point there has to be SOMEONE in a household that insists on getting more Christmas lights. Kind of like more cow bell. Maybe. I imagine the conversation to go a little like this: "Honey, the house looks great...where are you going?" "To Home Depot. Gotta get more lights." "What do you mean more lights? We have lights." "We need more. It looks too bare over to the left there." "Where?" "To the left."

And then the other person in the conversation hears a car start and 20 minutes later they have a winter wonderland and no one can see the house anymore.

I really wonder what those conversations are like...as you can tell from what I just wrote.

3. I really like Christmas lights. They really do make the night time brighter, and the winter warmer. Maybe it's just nostalgia, or maybe it's just my natural gravitation to shiny bright things....but I really do like them, and I like that people put them up and some of them go crazy putting up a million of them at once. It's just....pretty great.

OK I'd better go....someone I know is making some noises in her sleep....she might be waking up soon....





No comments:

Post a Comment