Saturday, November 19, 2011



I am going to give you an example of the things that pop into my mind when I am up in the tiny new hours of the morning with Corinne....

"Seasame Street. Burt. Burt Reynolds. Whatever happened to him? Is he dead? Canonball Run. Good movie. I think it's like Dukes of Hazard. Duke...The Duke.... I love Ron Burgandy. I mean Swanson. I love Ron Swanson. If Ron Swanson were real, I would want to be his friend. Oh my it's 3:30 am. I can't keep my eyes open. Ah! Yes I can- Loud noises really help with that..."

That's what my thoughts are like, at that time. Sentence fragments. Do they make sense? You decide. I can't tell. I made a mental note to record such thoughts in my blog, just to document what it's like to wake up at random hours of the night. Sometimes I think about the day - but then I just get confused so I mostly think about - well- random things that pop into my mind.

When I came back in the room (I usually bring Corinne into her room and feed her while I sit on the rocking chair and change her and that way the light can be on and I can let Stevie sleep - I let him sleep at night while he's at work and then when I go back to work too we'll divide up the night more) - anyway when I came back in the room the other night, I told Steve I turned the space heater off.

"I turned off the space heater, Steve."

"What? Huh? How will you feed the baby?"

"...I just fed the baby, and then I turned off the space heater."

"How are you feeding the fucking baby? ughhhhhh."

To answer this I just fell asleep. Steve doesn't normally swear. I think he was in the middle of a dream...he has "no recollection" of this conversation.

I have a feeling I don't think I will like waking him out of his sleep on a regular basis. He's a pretty deep sleeper. He says he doesn't even hear the baby when she wakes up at night. I think I'll have to develop a safe system of waking him up in the middle of the night, when we do divide up the baby waking up time. Maybe I'll resort to poking him or something. We'll see.

I'm going to go do a couple of chores around the house now for the remainder of time Corinne is sleeping. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment