Thursday, November 3, 2011


I read somewhere that a lot of new moms today have blogs, especially because of the late - night feedings, being up, and just wanting to write - and usually what they write about is their babies.

Makes sense.

I mean, I'm up, and normally I wouldn't be. I'm really a "morning" person I have come to realize. Well, sometimes it takes me a little while to wake up, but I still characterize myself as a "morning person" for the following reasons:

1. I love Breakfast.

2. I love looking out the window at the morning skies and the morning sun coming up.

3. I love Breakfast.

That's mainly it. I do have some energy in the morning, typically, as well. I also get sleepy (usually) around 10 pm at the latest.

Now that I am a new mom, I can say that I am more of an "any time, day or night, I am probably up and moving in some way, shape or form" person.

I will tell you the following reasons why:

1. Baby Corinne is hungry.

2. Baby Corinne is hungry.

3. Baby Corinne is hungry, and oh look the sun is coming out again, it's very pretty, but now Corinne isn't hungry anymore and fell asleep and I'm very tired and I go to bed.

That's typically why, really.

But you can't blame her, I'm hungry all the time, too! Sleepy, too, for that matter.

But I love it. I love her. I wouldn't normally be up in the middle of the night zoning out and staring at a wall, while thinking about all kinds of things...but I am now, a lot, and I actually like it.

The waking up out of an hour or two of sleep is kind of difficult at first, but as soon as I see her it helps to sober me up....I would do anything for her.

Sometimes, when she has trouble falling asleep, I will play Adele's "To Make You Feel My Love" to her. I love that song, it really sums up a lot of how I feel for her. I would do anything for her at all. I know her daddy feels the same way.

She is a total daddy's girl, by the way. As soon as she hears his voice, she seems to be more alert than ever, and today he held her for the longest time and she wouldn't let go of his fingers.

I love that.

Anyway- I just wanted to write a little bit more, because I wanted to chronicle some of these moments of how I feel.

Because if I don't, I feel like - now this might not make sense but it does to me at 1:30 a.m. after I've been staring at walls for a little while...

If I don't write this stuff down I feel like it's like the Neverending Story with the Nothing that might eat up these memories....I'm afraid I might forget little things like this. I don't want to do that. I want everything to last. I want her to know I love her so much.

Just one more thing before I try to sleep for another 45 minutes to an hour:

When she wakes up from her sleep it is the cutest thing I have ever seen (Sometimes, of course! :) )
She stretches her little arms out and she smiles, and then she stretches some more and smiles, and stretches some more, and smiles--

And I love that.

OK of course it is all not roses and rainbows over here but I just really really love her and wanted to say it in words, write it down, because--

I just love her. And I don't mind saying it a million times because that's how I feel.

Anyway - my eyelids feel like curtains, very heavy ones, so I should go.

Hope you all have a good day - or night - or whatever it is at this hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment