Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thursday Corinne was officially one month old. Steve stepped on the scale, and then stepped on the scale with her in his arms, and she is now 9 and 1/2 pounds -- according to that system! She was 7 pounds 7 ounces when she was born.

Time is already going by fast! She already can hold her head up and she laughs -she's been laughing in her sleep since she was a newborn. She usually will stop crying if the vacuum is on, and loves when you sing to her or play Stevie Wonder or anything from the Graceland album. I love her so much, I could hold her all day long.

Thanksgiving was delicious. I have so much to be thankful for. I try and give thanks every day - so giving thanks and eating food I don't get to eat every day a welcome activity.

Next week at this time I'll be (hopefully) sleeping because I'll be going back to work the next day.

I already get up a couple of times at night, so the plan is for Steve to give her the last feeding before we go to sleep around 10, 11 or 12 and then I get up for the next one around 3 or 4. Then the next time she eats will be right before we go into work. Once we're really in the swing of things, I'd ideally want to go to the gym before work and Steve would go after work.

We will come to visit Corinne at lunch time. I'm really looking forward to that. Then we'll go back to work again.

After that, we go home.

I don't know if this is really boring information, but I like making lists, and so it helps me to list out what I'm doing in a day. I could make lists all the time. Sometimes I do.

Sometimes I simplify my lists into other lists. Like, for example:

Plan for going back to work:
Feed Corinne
Gym
Work
Lunch with Corinne
Work
Home with Corinne
Repeat

Or sometimes I'll say something like screw making a list I'll do whatever - and then I make another list.
Or I'll add something to the old list, like -Remember to pray! Remember to try to write a blog entry! Remember to clean!

Until the piece of paper becomes crumpled and has food stains on it and everything is crossed out and then do you know what I do?

I make another list.

I guess people can be creatures of habit, as that saying goes.

Basically, though, it doesn't matter what my lists say. If I have a day where I am able to be with Corinne and my family and friends in some way shape or form, I will be glad. That's just how I work.

Everything else is just in the details. And I'm not REALLY a details kind of person.

I should go to bed. I don't know what I'm doing still up. I am going to be very tired when I wake up in an hour, or two, or ten minutes. Whatever it might be.....

I just wanted to spend a little bit of time with my thoughts. And my pets, who are hanging around me right now. Steve and the baby are asleep upstairs.

Goodnight everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment