Friday, November 4, 2011



I still am in awe that Corinne lives in the outside world now, and not my belly.

I am also in awe that the room is done; and how our house actually feels like a home after two years of living in it. I know Steve feels the same, he said it the other day and I totally agree with him.

Steve is thinking about refurbishing my old dollhouse for Corinne. He loves miniatures, and I know Corinne would really not only love the dollhouse but eventually, when she's older, really appreciate that it was her dad that made it look nice for her. We still have time of course, to do that, but just saying that he's going to do that makes me smile.

He also is thinking of setting up his train set; I bet she'd like that, too.

I don't know if I mentioned, but the week before Corinne was born we kept hearing Corinne Bailey Rae songs on the radio - and they were all songs we haven't heard on the radio in years!

I can't believe she'll be two weeks old on Monday.

This weekend my parents are coming in to bring my Grandmother's old rocking chair to our house. My mom had her friend Shotzee work on the cushions for it, and she stained the wood. I can't wait to see it!

Steve loves that my mom had someone named Shotzee working on the rocker. He likes the idea of my mom giving someone named Shotzee orders.

My mom wouldn't give Shotzee orders, she's friends with Shotzee, but whenever she talks about Shotzee she says the name Shotzee over and over again, kind of like this, and it makes us chuckle. I don't know why.


Anyway, Shotzee hath delivered, and we shall see her gift on Sunday! Hooray! I can't wait to rock the baby girl!!

Corinne is also going to the first place that isn't related to hospitals or doctors appointments Sunday: her Grandma and Papa Galbo's for dinner! So exciting. She's growing up so fast...

Steve sold our wii set and got a juicer for us. Missie said that makes us officially lame. I am totally cool with being lame, though! I love this juicer already. We get so many veggies from our co-op, and it is often difficult to fit them all into all of our meals in the week, and this certainly helps to clean out the fridge and give us more vitamins. I'm all for that juicer.

Plus, I am breastfeeding, so the more vitamins I get, the more vitamins Corinne gets, so that is very important.

I am really looking forward to the weekend. I really like being with Corinne during the day, but we miss her daddy very much. Corinne loves being held by Stevie - last night she gripped his fingers for so so long while he held her...and she falls asleep when he sings to her, and sometimes when he is just talking to her.

I love when he is home, too, and now he will be for two whole days!

Today, besides being with Corinne, I learned what braising is. I made a dish that Kathy bought for us at Wegmans, and the directions said to braise it. I think I braised it just fine because it was very yummy. It was a pizziola I think? I had to fry it the beef that was stuffed with vegetables and then braise it in tomato sauce. I normally don't cook, I do the dishes, but I will try to learn things - I was half expecting the kitchen to blow up, but it didn't, so that's always a good thing.

Anyway - mostly I just wanted to write, while Corinne was taking a nap. I am so so excited for the weekend; just being with our family.

Speaking of family and family values, a friend from college posted this, and I remember reading it a few years ago, and I'm glad I saw it again. I think about it a lot. If you liked Mister Rogers, please feel free to read it, too. I love this article so much. I want to show Corinne how to be positive in this world, too, just like he was!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/07/28/mf.mrrogers.neighbor/index.html


Have a good weekend, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment