Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 10 again

Steve is going to flip when he walks in today.

Today I forced myself to start the remodeling procedures for this house.

That means, I forced myself to battle the closet, and try to sort through what clothes we wear and what clothes I would not be able to fit in with the help of the mighty jaws of life.

The problem is...or...one of the problems....is that I am having a hard time being motivated to do this task. I keep thinking: your summer vacation is slipping away quickly...you are going to be SO mad at yourself when it is September and no home improvement project has been attempted...guilt trip guilt trip guilt trip blah blah blah....

....and now I have buried our bedroom in clothes.

I would rather give my bedroom a full out funeral than have to do anything more with these clothes. I just want to turn into Samantha from bewitched and snap my nose around and have this first floor remodeled so I can take a nap in peace.

This is only the first step. I am halfway through THE FIRST STEP. I still have to move all the stuff from the office that we're keeping in the basement, have the walls knocked down, re-paint and re-floor.

This is going to take a miracle...or something...maybe a half a miracle. I wouldn't want to waste a whole miracle on this...I just want to not have to think about these home improvements any more.

And of course I am procrastinating right now. It's 5:13 p.m. and my husband walks in at 5:30....possibly 6. Let's hope he doesn't notice the Volcano that is our bedroom.

Here's to crossing fingers!

Maybe I'll surf the internet for a minute or two before going back in there....I really, REALLY don't want to enter that place again. My God this is going to take 5 years. Ughhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment