Why am I writing this blog again?
I am writing this blog, dear readers, for a few very important reasons.
1. I want you to hear what I have to say. As a writer, as a person, as someone you might kind of know but not really know, or not know at all and just saw me through a failed google search and decided to read a few more words than you originally had anticipated, as a being who is able to type letters onto a screen into readable sentences. And I feel like I have a lot to say. And I feel like maybe I could make the world a brighter place. Or maybe I could just say something, for fun, and you can be in on the joke, or along for the ride.
That's one reason, anyway.
2. I get to experiment with writing, all the time, every day. And I get to show it to YOU.
3. I get to say silly things and get away with it (ok, ok, I do that all the time anyway....)
4. I aspire to be a bookmark in your irresistible places you visit on these internets - (You know you have those bookmarks! FB! Gmail! Amazon.com! My blog! Ahh! A girl can dream).
5. The BIG reason, you ask? (There is always a BIG reason, for anything. Always.) The BIG reason is that I am writing a novel, REALLY writing a novel, and want to get the attention of the world at large, gain some momentum, you see, as I start getting that novel out to the world.
Who knows? Maybe you'll recognize my name, or think to yourself that you don't mind reading some of the words that I put out into the world, and you give my book a chance.
I want readers. Readers like you. Readers who are you.
I hope that when I have my novel on the shelf, you really give my book a chance. Just like you're giving my blog a chance. Just like you're giving me a chance.
And, something you may or may not know about me is that I really and firmly believe if there is a will there is a way. And also that you never know something until you try. And I think it's worth it to try and make it big as a writer.
And do really good things in the world. So, I start with this blog. And I keep going with this blog. And with my novel. And with anything I write. I make writing a part of my life, because it is important to me.
I love you, fans. Every single one of you. Even if I've never met you. I hope you're enjoying my blog, and this 100 day challenge, as much as I am.........(which is a lot).....