Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 22


A short story, Part 2.


"AGGGHUGHHHAGGGUGGH", responded the gigantic eyeball.


"What do you mean, "AGGGHUGHHHAGGGUGGH?", retorted Gertrude Grock.


"I mean, AGGGHUGHHHAGGGUGGH." said the ginormous eyeball, in a matter-of-fact manner. 


"Well, that does not make any sense whatsoever. Speak to me, eyeball. What are your intentions? Why are you here? Why are you bothering me on this Saturday morning? Why are you blocking my view of the world outside? Why are you disrupting my routine? I'm an old woman and I've worked hard my whole life. I deserve a nice, relaxing, Saturday morning routine. And YOU. You are disrupting that. How dare you. I don't care if you're a giant eyeball. I need you to get. out."


Gertrude Grock was so mad at this point, she started shaking her fists in the air, without even noticing it. 


The giant eyeball noticed this, and blinked in response.


"Well, you seem like a mean old woman to me," said the eyeball in disgust. "And YOU.....had it not occured to you that you might be disrupting my view?"


"Your view of What??" she asked, now in a more curious manner than an angry one.


The eyeball blinked again. 


The air was pregnant with pause.


Stay tuned for Part 3 of the short story, coming up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment