Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 24


I've always wanted to somehow prove that it pays to be kind to others.


This week I'd like to try an experiment.


You may think it is silly.


And you may even think it's not too scientific, because maybe it doesn't have controls or buttons or beakers or bunson burners or such.


My plan is:


I'm going to bake a batch of cookies tomorrow night.


Then, on Wednesday, I'm going to give away my cookies.


Then, I'm going to keep track of any good karma that might come my way.


So you can see the proof: kindness brings kindness, love brings love, and cookies brings about a million delicious deliciouses. 


I don't know, I just thought it might be sort of fun


to see




what happens




when


you do something nice


just to do something nice.


I'm not expecting people who I give the cookies to do something for me of course.


I try not to expect things from other people. It's way better that way. People have their own business they're busy with. And besides, if someone gives me a cookie, I would hope they just wanted to give me a cookie, no strings attached. So I want to give away cookies in the same way: just eat the cookie, it's gonna be good.


So, I just want to see


if the universe


gives back


a little bit


of what I 


gave out.


And, if nothing happens....well, then, the joke's on me. At least I'd get some cookie dough out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment