Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 39


Springtime is for lovers.


Ahhhhh....is that a thing?


Three Books I Recommend (because I love them so) --


1. The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak. 


If I described it to you, you would say - "Hold the phone. That sounds like the most depressing thing in the world. Why would I ever want to read such sadness? I have enough sadness in my day to day life. In fact, all I ever am is sad." Or, something like that. Maybe not the last part, I don't know, I was going with it. 


This book is told from the perspective of Death in WWII. Death gets intrigued by a little girl, and follows her life....and it is just....a most excellent read. I will not lie - you do need some Kleenex. But you will be very moved. And you will just want to hug the book for a very long time after, while you are just crying and thinking and staring off at the wall. I really believe you will.


2. White Oleander, by Janet Fitch.


I read this probably ten years ago, but it still stays with me. So beautifully written. 


OK you are going to think I am a depressing person. It is about a teenager going through a series of foster homes. BUT it is so beautiful and intriguing and it has a lot to say.


3. The Princess Bride


AHHG SO GOOD. Now, the movie is really great, but this book is great too! If you liked the movie you will love the book.


Ba Dam Dam! (That's the Reading Rainbow sound signaling that my book talk has ended).


I'm also looking quite radiant with a toothy smile right now. Creepy? Not creepy? Creepy.




Just a side-note that has nothing to do with books. We went on a walk today - us, the baby, the dog. The baby loved it. She loves her walks! This weather is beautifullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. Just wanted to give a shout out to the weather. Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment