Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 60


I had no sleep at all last night. 


Let me tell you a little anecdote of my night:


I closed the laptop after making my blog. 


Then, I thought, "Oh, it would have been really nice to actually put up that crazy video of David Hasselhoff."


So I'm putting it in tonight's entry. It. is. insane.




Then, shortly after I thought that to myself, I heard a sound.


It was an interesting mix that sounded like a screeching baby and a tiny dinosaur.


Then, I heard our cat meowing. He was interacting with this screeching dinosaur outside my window.


So, I opened the door to let him in (the cat) (not the dinosaur).


Then, I saw the noise-maker --the dinosaur was a fox!


So anyway - the cat came in. And then he started making terrible screeching noises himself, that he probably learned from that foxy friend of his.


So, I gave him some salmon. And he still made screechy noises. And of course Corinne woke up.


And then the dog had to be let out.


And then the baby kept crying.


And then the cat kept trying to jump on our heads.


And then I turned the vacuum on to try and soothe the baby, who we think is teething.


("Teething", by the way, is a word that has a brand new connotation in my mind. Before: I did not really care about that word. Now - it reminds me of nails on a chalkboard).


Anyway.


Steve is sleeping that whole time because he is very sick and can't get out of bed. He is upstairs.


Downstairs, we look like this:




None of us are named Thomas, but I think you get the picture. 


I totally look like that mom lady, too. Her hair really captures what my hair looked like. And, instead of Thomas, you can imagine a baby who is very upset because her poor mouth hurts. Poor babe.


Anyway, you get the picture. 


So shenanegans like that went on pretty much the whole night. Every time I would get the baby to sleep, she would wake up about 45 minutes later.


Screaming.


And then the circus would begin again.


But, it is ok. That is what happens when you're a mom, or a dad, or a person who owns a circus.


It is totally fine. I'm just glad Steve is feeling a little bit better.


And the baby is sound asleep (with a mouth that is not currently bugging her).


And the cat is hopefully not getting into that fox's business.


And the dog is asleep next to me.


And so now it is time for me to say goodnight.


And every time I do, I think of that scene from The Three Amigos.


You know, the one where the turtle says, "Goodnight, Ned."


What is that you say, you do not know the scene?


Why, I have it right here....



No comments:

Post a Comment